Spain - Valencia

Last Updated: Jul 12, 2017 09:53AM CEST
The Valencian Government requires by law that registration numbers for your properties are displayed on each rental listing (Viviendas Turisticas).
It is now compulsory for all tourist accommodation establishments, including Viviendas Turisticas, to register their property in the Registro de Empresas, Establecimientos y Profesiones Turísticas (Register for tourist businesses, establishments and professionals).  
Once you have your inscription number (Rental License number), it must be included in all advertising you do for the property. Failure to include your inscription in your advertising could lead to fines for both owner and advertising channel.

Who should apply?

It is mandatory for all property managers, even if you rent out only one accommodation, to register the accommodation as a rental property.
If you manage 2-4 properties, you must register each individual property.
If you manage five or more properties, then you must register as an ‘Empresa’ (business), rather than as an individual and include your generic inscription number, not individual property registration numbers.

Specific rules for Valencian Community

Registrations are accepted for apartments, studio apartments, villas, chalets, bungalows and other similar properties. Your home will need to meet the technical requirements and standards, as set out within the decree, based on its category i.e. Standard, Primary and Superior.

Registration options for your holiday rental


Option One

You can apply for the inscription in any government administrative office, but it is recommended to use one of the following offices:
  • Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Alicante
  • C/ Churruca, 29 - 03003 Alacant/Alicante Teléfono: 012
  • Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Castellón
  • Avda. Hermanos Bou, 47 - 12003 Castellón de la Plana Teléfono: 012
  • Registro del Servicio Territorial de Turismo - Valencia
  • Pl. Alfonso el Magnánimo, 15 - 46003 Valencia Teléfono: 012

Option Two

You can also fill out your application and take it to the post office. You must take the application in an open envelope. This is so they can stamp and date your application.

Once the property is registered, you must include the registration number and category type in all advertising and promotion of the property.
Codes for "Viviendas Turisticas” or privately owned holiday rentals in the Valencian Community depend on the province your home is located in:
  • Valencia VT/Number/V
  • Alicante VT/Number/A
  • Castellon VT/Number/CS
  • If your property is managed by an accredited agent, the code will differ slightly:
    • Valencia EGVT/Number/V
    • Alicante EGVT/Number/A
    • Castellon EGVT/Number/CS

Property requirements for Valencian Community

It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the Holiday Rental Decree for Valencia, although please note, that the new modification is still not written into the decree.

The decree sets out the regulation of tourist homes, as stated: apartments, studio apartments, villas, chalets, bungalows, and similar. Plus management companies and agents, legal companies or individuals, who are dedicated to supplying and granting the use of accommodation for the enjoyment of tourists to the Valencian Community.

We have translated and listed here the ‘basic’ standards expected from tourist accommodation:

Access, communal and parking areas
  • Public entrance
  • Lift (if the accommodation is situated on the fourth floor upwards)
  • Stairs
  • Parking is not required at standard level
Installations and services
  • Heating and sound installation in all areas
  • Wall power outlets in all rooms and a fuse box
  • Hot water
  • Evacuation plan situated at the front door of the accommodation
  • Emergency telephone list
  • Information about local attractions and places of interest
Room Sizes (min. m2 space)
  • Main bedroom including wardrobe  (10)
  • Double bedroom including wardrobe (8)
  • Single bedroom including wardrobe (8)
  • (per person sharing room i.e. per bed) (3,5)
  • Living/dining/kitchen (18)
  • Living/dining (14)
  • Kitchen (5)
  • Utility rooms
  • Bathrooms (there must be at least one bathroom including a bath with shower, washbasin and toilet and / or a washroom with a shower, washbasin and toilet) (4,50)
  • Studio apartment (accommodation consisting of a living/dining/kitchen area with separate bathroom) (24)

Rental accommodation should be furnished and equipped appropriately, including:
  • Cutlery
  • Kitchenware and appliances
  • Bed linen
  • Window dressings
  • Other appliances and utensils necessary for guest stays
Kitchen appliances
  • Fridge freezer
  • Electric grill/griddle
  • Oven/microwave
  • Extractor fan and smoke alarm
  • The kitchen should be equipped with a minimum of two hob burners when the accommodation doesn't exceed four guests and three hob burners plus, when it exceeds four guests
You can contact the Generalitat if you have any questions on registering your holiday rental in Valencia: +34 963 986 079

Here you can download the standard registration form for registering your home for tourist use in the Valencian Community, if you are not going to use a registered agent to do so.

Here you will find all the information you need regarding the different types of tourist accommodation in the Valencian Community and the rules that apply to each.

Here you can refer to tourist legislation for the Valencian Community.

Declaring your holiday rental income

It is also obligatory to declare your holiday rental income. To find out more get in touch with your accountant, or visit the local Agencia Tributaria (Tax Office).
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found